Building Sustainability Through Green Innovation
The University of Southern California Energy Institute (USCEI), in partnership with OnGreen.com hosted a networking reception on November 17th. Green technologies have shown resilience through the recession, and more than 2.5 billion dollars have been invested in California alone on emerging clean technologies and practices.
The reception brought together more than 150 people, representing over 80 companies and institutions including; venture capital and private equity firms, banks, architects, law firms, consultants, energy companies, retailers, entrepreneurs and government representatives. It was an opportunity for people from different backgrounds and jobs to interact on a common theme.
We also heard from some dynamic speakers:
- Raphael Bostic, Assistant Secretary, Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- Dame Barbara Hay, British Consul General
- Tim Brick, Chairman Metropolitan Water District
- Captain James Wink, Executive Officer, US Navy
- Lorena Sanchez, Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development
- Nikhil Jain, CEO, OnGreen.com